A driver is facing multiple charges after failing to stop for an officer.
Ontario Provincial Police say the officer tried to pull the driver over for a traffic violation at around 5 p.m. Saturday on Wellington Road 19.
“The driver attempted to flee the area but was located and arrested shortly after without incident,” OPP said in a news release.
Police say the officer seized nine grams of suspected cocaine, drug paraphernalia, a prohibited weapon and several BB guns.
A 31-year-old from Guelph-Eramosa has been charged with:
- Flight from peace officer
- Operation while impaired - blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Operation while prohibited
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon at an unauthorized place
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Drive while under suspension (two counts)
- Fail to stop for police
- Insecure load
- Drive motor vehicle with open container of liquor
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on Friday.