CENTRE WELLINGTON – Sensational Elora has two community events coming up for Thanksgiving weekend.
On Saturday Oct. 7, Bissell Park will be all about gourds for Pumpkin Day.
Running concurrently with the Elora Farmers’ Market, the free family event will feature:
- Family pumpkin carving with ready prepped pumpkins available for carving and decorating for prizes
- A professional pumpkin carver demonstrating his techniques on a giant pumpkin that can be won in a draw
- Pawleys Pets reptile show
- Blue Bonnet Lassies Highland dancing
- Live music by Paul Whitaker
- Pumpkin ice cream by Mapleton’s Organic
- African drum circle where attendees can participate
- Tribal Vision Dance exploring First Nations history through performance
This event runs rain or shine from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
On Thanksgiving Monday Oct. 9, the Sensational Soup Off will be held at the Wellington County Museum and Archives from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
A number of youth, amateur and professional chefs will face off by creating their best soup, using as many local ingredients as possible.
Entry is $20 for adults, $10 for children under 12 and $50 maximum for a family of two adults with children. One-of-a-kind bowls donated by local artists will also be available for purchase at the event.
All proceeds go towards the Centre Wellington Food Bank and the CW Eats breakfast and lunch program.
Event entertainment will be provided by Madison Galloway and Jiggity James.