This holiday season, we are supporting shop local, but local businesses have a challenge as they take on national competitors.
That’s why it takes a creative approach to capture more of the holiday dollars.
Cross promotion can be a very effective way for small business to stand out during the holiday season. With strategic cross promotion, you can support other businesses and create partnerships that will increase sales past the holiday season.
Cross Promotional Ideas:
- Partner with a complementary business that provides products or services. Offer coupons to their customers, while they offer coupons to yours.
- Reciprocal agreements. If you don’t want a formal cross promotion, you can (and should) agree to mutually support one another locally. The Chamber of Commerce is a great place to make these connections. Connect with us to explore our networking opportunities.
- Run a contest. If you’re planning on running a holiday contest, approach nearby businesses for prize donations or partner with them for greater reach.
- Pop-up shop. If you have businesses surrounding you, you may be able to create a pop-up market and split the costs. Consider bringing in a food truck or home business for additional draw.
- Use social. Creating valuable content takes time. Partner with another business so that you can divide and conquer the amount of content you produce, for example creating 1 video that serves you both. You will also access each other’s following for greater reach.
- Join the Chamber of Commerce. Our position within the community can help you reach our members as well as the community at large. We have many ways to spread the word about your business. Ask us how!
- Ads can help you reach a large audience and build name recognition. But they can be costly. Splitting the cost with neighbour businesses or participating in advertising initiatives (**hint the CW Love Local Gift Guide) can help you get a bigger bang for your buck.
Speaking of, have you seen the Love Local Gift Guide the CW Chamber launched!?
It’s a curated collection of all things amazing from your own backyard. With the support of EloraFergusToday.com this digital guide is filled with gift ideas for everyone on your list, including holiday party planning and gifts under $50.
Check out the Gift Guide online here and support your community this holiday season!
Remember cross promotion can help you reach new audiences, build relationships, and spread good cheer. And couldn’t we all use a little more of that?
Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce helps local businesses thrive. Visit them online here.